#dearcatcallers, It's not a compliment
Realising many people still don’t know how often and in whatever context catcalling happens, Noa started her project #dearcatcallers. She took pictures of each of her catcallers within the period of one month. By making the selfie, both the objectifier and the object are assembled in one composition. Herself, as the object, standing in front of the catcallers represents the reversed powerratio which is caused by this project
The collection was posted on instagram and went world wide viral. With a number of 350.000 followers and tens of millions of views, the projected is now running by itself through other people using the hashtag.
The project had various international exhibitions and is used in multiple teaching-programmes.
In multiple countries governments are now talking about how to treat streetharrasments more earnestly.
PRESS (Clickable links)
BBC Die Welt I-D ITV Good Morning Britain
The Guardian Süddeutsche Zeitung VICE ABC NEWS
Independent The Indian Express DAZED FRANCE24 English
Daily Mirror Global Citizen BALINNN Tendencia.tv
Huffington Post Hürriyet TeenVogue Walla Israel
New York Post DNA INDIA YAHOO BNN club hub
The Sun Huffingtonpost JAPAN Aplus NOS mashup
Le Monde BBC ARABI BuzzFeed Hart van Nederland
Le Figaro Haaretz KONBINI AD
La Repubblica Clarín NSMBL BRUT.
Metro La Nacion LINDA Aplus
FOXNews O Globo SELF RADIO
La Vanguardia Jakarta Post Boredpanda FunX
Parool La República BuzzFeed BBC Radio 5
NRC Handelsblad El Universal Everipedia BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat
NPO3 Euronews 1LIVE
3FM Mark & Ramon
FABRICA: Treviso, Italy
KULI ALMA: Tel Aviv, Israel
- KULI ALMA; (Tel Aviv, Israel) dearcatcallers and sexual harassment
- FABRICA; (Treviso, Italy) dearcatcallers and design
- ZOKU; (Amsterdam, Netherlands) A City made by People
- NOOR FOUNDATION X PAKHUIS DE ZWIJGER: (Amsterdam, Netherlands) Storytelling in the digital age
- MUSEUM OF COMMUNICATION: (Lisbon, Portugal) Zoom-Smart-Cities: Smart cities and the people
- INSTAGRAM-FACEBOOK: (Dublin, Ireland) Storytelling through social media
- TEDxTALK; (Vicenza, Italy) #dearcatcallers, it's not a compliment